The Chattanooga Girls Choir seeks a part time choral conductor to lead lower grades (2-5) in weekly rehearsals and performance opportunities.
The Position and Responsibilities
The Associate Conductor is responsible for creating and executing grade specific choral curriculum under the direction of the Artistic Director. Compensation begins at $5000 per year.
- The Associate Conductor is a part-time salaried position with approximately 4-6 hours per week.
- Weekly rehearsals on Monday evenings and one Saturday morning rehearsal per month that take place at Brainerd United Methodist Church (4315 Brainerd Rd).
- Serves as primary conductor for elementary age choristers, grades 2-5
- Instructs in choral singing, ear and rhythm training, and music theory
- Conducts both rehearsals and performances.
- Chooses repertoire to ensure grade appropriate goals are met each season.
- Conducts community performances as applicable
- Assists Artistic Director in recruitment efforts as needed
- Music degree with emphasis on either conducting or education.
- Experience with elementary aged students, 5+ years preferred
- Trained singer with deep understanding of vocal pedagogy and young voices
- A comprehensive knowledge for music education and choral repertoire
- Respect for differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances represented in our choirs.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
Interested candidates should send a résumé, cover letter and three references to email@example.com
Leave A Comment